For grant recipients

How do I access my funding?

If you are awarded:

  • Arts Fund
  • Touring Artist Fund
  • New Canadians Event Fund

the arts advisor will prepare an agreement for you to sign. Once you return the agreement, you can invoice us for the first installment, (see Schedule C of the agreement). You should keep a copy of the agreement.

If you are awarded:

  • Arts Operating Funds
  • Advanced Artist Award
  • Culture Quest
  • Cultural Industries Training Fund

you should submit an invoice to us as soon as you have been notified.

How do I submit an invoice?

To receive payments, you should submit an invoice to us along with any supporting documents identified in your agreement.

You can send an invoice by mail, email, fax, or by hand (sample invoice).

Do I need to keep receipts from my project expenses?

Yes, you will need receipts in order to prepare your final financial report. As well, the Government of Yukon may request to see your project receipts for up to two years after the completion of your agreement.

Can I use direct deposit?

You can have your payments mailed to you, or you can sign-up for direct deposit. Once registered, all Yukon government payments go directly into your bank account.

Follow the instructions in the direct deposit form.

Should I acknowledge the funding support?

Yes, you are obligated to acknowledge the support of Yukon Government in all your project related communications in print, electronic, or other media.

Contact us to get the Yukon Government logo. It must be easily legible and maintain its aspect ratio, colour tone, resolution, and independent integrity.

  • Recipients of the Arts Operating Funds - Operating component and the Advanced Artist Award must also include the Lotteries Yukon logo and follow Yukon Lotteries' standards and guidelines for the placement of their logo.

Is it all right if my project changes?

If your project is going to change from the description in your application, you should contact an arts advisor. Juries and committees make funding recommendations to the Arts section. In order to respect the arms-length decision process, Arts section staff need to understand if changes will alter the spirit and intent, either of the project or the jury's recommendations. Typically, projects do not change significantly, but if they do the Arts section has sole discretion to determine what constitutes a significant change.

What happens if I can't complete my project?

Contact an arts advisor to discuss your circumstances. There is no financial penalty but we may require a report describing what you achieved and how you have spent funds so far. Unused funding can be returned to us. If we have received a satisfactory report from you, you are eligible to reapply for funding.

What if I need an extension?

Contact an arts advisor to discuss your circumstances. An extension may be granted or we may ask you to provide a final report even if the project is not completed as you had envisioned.

What should the financial report look like?

The financial report should look similar to the budget in your application, except that all the figures will be your actual costs and revenues. Please provide detailed information and include in-kind goods and services, sponsors, and other funding (sample financial report)

Once completed, you should sign the report or, for group applicants, two authorized officials from the organization should provide their signatures. The department does not accept digital signatures and therefore, you should mail the signed page or drop it off in person.

Contact information

Arts Advisor
Cultural Services
Office location: 
100 Hanson Street
Whitehorse, YT
Tourism and Culture
800-661-0408 x3535
Mailing address: 
P.O. Box 2703 (L-1)
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6