Archaeologist resources

Apply for a permit

The Department of Tourism and Culture issues permits for scientific research in Yukon. Research permits are for rarchaeological, palaeontological and historic sites and collections, and for access to the wreck of the A.J. Goddard.

Send your permit applications to Jeff Hunston (867-667-5363).

Register an archaeological site

To register an archaeological site, send your site inventory form to Ty Heffner (867-456-6102).

Request archaeological site data

To request heritage resource site information, please fill out a site access license agreement and send it to Greg Hare. If you have any questions about the agreement please call 867-667-3771.

Read permit holder guidelines

Read our research guidelines to learn about the type of permit you may need and for information on how to apply and how to report the results of your work.