The Umbrella Final Agreement was signed in 1993 and provides the framework through which Yukon Final Agreements have been negotiated. Chapter 13 of the final Agreements provides the mandate for protecting and managing heritage resources in Yukon.
The Historic Resources Act and the Archaeological Sites Regulation are the laws that protect heritage resources outside of National Parks in Yukon.
Heritage resources are also managed in mining law as well as the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act.
- Visit Aboriginal Relations to read the Umbrella Final Agreement or Yukon First Nation Final Agreements
- Historic resources act
- Archaeological sites regulation
- Territorial lands act
- Land use regulations
- Placer mining act
- Placer mining land use regulation
- Quartz mining act
- Quartz mining land use regulation
- Learn about the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board
- Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act
- Read about potential requirements to complete heritage resource assessments