The Advanced Artist Award is for creating, training, and developing the artistic skills of Yukon artists who have attained a senior level of practice. Applications are peer-reviewed by other advanced artists. The award is available for all artistic disciplines including First Nation traditional arts.
Am I eligible?
Only individuals may apply.
An advanced artist is someone who:
- has specialized skills or training in an arts practice (could be self-taught)
- has a body of work and has developed a "voice" in their practice
- has the respect of their peers in the same discipline
- demonstrates a commitment to their practice
- has a history of public presentation or exhibition.
Applicants must have lived in Yukon for one continuous year before applying.
How much funding is available?
The annual budget is $150,000.
- 'A' level artists: up to $10,000.
- 'B' level artists: up to $5,000.
- 'B' level artists are still advanced artists; they are simply earlier in their career and their impacts and reach are not as extensive as more established artists.
When are the deadlines?
- April 1
- October 1
Deadlines are at 4:30 p.m. PST. If the date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
How do I apply?
This award is very competitive. We recommend that you contact an arts advisor to discuss your project well ahead of applying. Staff do not make funding decisions and, therefore, can help in your application process.
- Download the application form and guidelines
- Read the resource "Tips to Applying"
- Consult an arts advisor about your project or application
- Submit your completed application by hand, by email, or by mail before the deadline. Applications must be postmarked on or before the day of the deadline.
A peer jury of other advanced artists reviews applications for funding. The jury is different every intake.
Who are the past recipients?
- 2016: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2015: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2014: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2013: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2012: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2011: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2010: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]
- 2009: Spring, Fall [<50 KB]