Arts Operating Funds support the operations and programming of Yukon arts organizations that demonstrate sustainable and effective planning, governance, and financial management to meet their arts mandates.
Are we eligible?
The Arts Operating Funds support operating and program costs for non-profit societies mandated primarily to engage in literary, visual or performing arts activities. There are two components:
- The annual operating component is for societies with on-going and year- round activities. Yukon Government and Lotteries Yukon provide this funding.
- The annual project component supports project costs for groups with on-going annual projects.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- the society has filed financial statements with the Registrar of Societies for the two consecutive years prior to the application, AND
- activities of the society have a territory-wide impact (indicated by the numbers of individuals or communities involved), OR
- activities are recognized for their significant impact on an arts discipline, OR
- the society is recognized as an umbrella organization.
Applicant groups considering applying for the first time are advised to contact an arts advisor well in advance of the deadline to ensure eligibility.
How much funding is available?
The annual budget is $668,000.
The funding amounts distributed fluctuate from year-to-year depending on the number of applications received, and available funds. See "Who are the past recipients?" below.
What is the deadline?
- February 15, 4:30 p.m. PST.
When the date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
How do we apply?
Contact an arts advisor to discuss the application process.