Are we eligible?
Individuals and groups can apply.
Culture Quest supports:
- First Nations expression of the intersection of art and cultural practices, enriching the lives of all Yukon residents (Such as, projects within cultural festivals and gatherings, song revival, story-telling, traditional dancing, and other activities that involve public appreciation or engagement.)
- The continued growth and development of artistic, performance, and presentation capacity in the cultural sector, particularly in underserved communities or sectors. (Such as developing a performance circuit or a genre/special interest presentation space and other capacity projects.)
- Opportunities for artists to execute projects that explore and develop ties between contemporary art and cultural heritage.
- Yukon artists to develop or prepare their work for the national or international stage (Such as mounting or rehearsing a production for a national tour and other preparation activities.)
- Opportunities for Yukon artists to tour within Yukon.
How much funding is available?
There is no application amount threshold. The annual budget is $157,000.
Eligible expenses include:
- artist fees
- other development and production expenses.
See "Who are the past recipients?" below.
When is the deadline?
You can apply at any time.
How do we apply?
Contact the program administrator to discuss your project ahead of applying:
Yukon Arts Centre
300 College Drive (beside Yukon Archives)
Fax: 1-867- 393-6300
P.O. Box 16
- Write a detailed description of the project, its objectives, the timeline, and the participants, and describe how your project meets the eligibility criteria of Culture Quest.
- Include a detailed budget reflecting your revenues and expenses for the project.
- Submit by email or by mail to the above address.