The Touring Artist Fund supports professional artistic tours by individuals or ensembles beyond Yukon. Applicants must be invited to perform or exhibit their work through a professional selection process, which means the work is selected by jury or curated based upon its merit.
Am I eligible?
Individuals and ensembles may apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a firm invitation from a venue that results from a professional selection process.
- Hold the tour outside Yukon.
- Present to the public (not a closed event, like a conference or an industry- only event)
- Hold more than one event on the tour (If the opportunity is significant, more than one performance or activity with a different audience/public may be sufficient).
- For ensembles, have a history of performing together.
- Applicants must have lived in Yukon for one continuous year before applying.
The fund is open to all artistic and practices. Contact an arts advisor to discuss your application.
How much funding is available?
The annual budget is $100,000.
Applicants may receive up to $10,000 towards eligible expenses.
Funds can be used for:
- per diems
- fees for other artists (but not for the applicant)
- visas and permits
- equipment rental
- tour promotion and marketing
- expenses related to the preparation of the work for the tour (framing, video transfers, music copying, etc.).
What are the deadlines?
- March 15
- June 15
- September 15
- December 15
Deadlines are at 4:30 p.m. PST. When the date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
How do I apply?
We recommend you contact an arts advisor to discuss your project well ahead of applying. Staff do not make funding decisions; therefore, they can help in your application process.
- Download the application form and guidelines.
- Read our resource "Tips to Applying".
- Consult an arts advisor about your project or application.
- Submit your completed application by hand, by email, or by mail before the deadline. Applications must be postmarked on or before the day of the deadline.
Applications are reviewed for funding by the Yukon Arts Advisory Council.
Who are the past recipients?
- 2016: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2015: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2014: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2013: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2012: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2011: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2010: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2009: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]
- 2008: March, June, September, December [< 50 KB]