We provide training, advice, and technical and hands-on assistance in support of our collective heritage.
Here's how we can help you
Each of our Museums unit staff has areas of expertise:
- The manager can answer any questions you have about programs and services.
- The First Nations heritage advisor assists cultural centres with funding, reporting and payment questions.
- The conservator helps with preventive conservation, artifact/specimen repair and cleaning, pest management and emergency planning for collections.
- The collections management advisor helps with developing collections management policies and procedures, and with database navigation and documentation.
- The cultural heritage training coordinator organizes training and skill development opportunities.
Collections care resources
You can download, print and share our resources to help you care for your collection.
Do's and don'ts
- Collections inventory and survey [28 KB ]
- Condition report [45 KB ]
- Deaccession report [31.KB ]
- Donor questionnaire [24 KB ]
- Footwear condition report [45 KB]
- Loan agreement [28 KB ]
- Pre-acquisition review form [39 KB ]
- Temporary deposit receipt [28 KB ]
- Moccasin storage [1.3 MB ]
- Custom foam cut-outs [video below]