The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund (TCMF) is designed to help Yukon’s tourism industry attract visitors, gain international exposure and strengthen the territory’s tourism brand.
Who can apply?
Tourism businesses, Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO), non-government organizations and First Nations governments wishing to promote their tourism product to prospective visitors.
How can the funding be used?
For marketing projects, including:
- Advertising placements in magazines and travel guides distributed outside Yukon.
- Online advertising that targets potential visitors, such as web banner ads, social media ads or AdWords.
- Hosting media or trade familiarization tours that highlight your tourism product.
For trade or consumer show projects, including:
- Attendance at approved trade and consumer shows including transportation, accommodation, and booth rental.
- Sales calls or approved sales missions including transportation and accommodation costs.
- Travel to a bid presentation for a sporting, meeting or convention event.
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) led sponsorship of events to key geographic markets.
How much funding can I apply for?
TCMF will funds 50% of eligible project costs (excluding GST).
- Maximum annual funding to a tourism business is $35,000.
- Maximum annual funding to DMO’s or for projects that include a package featuring more than one product is $105,000.
- We must receive your application before the activity takes place.
- You must complete all activities in the same fiscal year as your application (April 1 to March 31).
- Applicants must be business, market or trade ready, and have all necessary licensing in place.
Please allow up to two weeks to process your application.
How do I apply?
Trade or consumer show projects