In order for tourists to make a plan to visit your destination, or to book a tour, or to stay with you, they need to know that you exist. Visitors need to be able to find your website, understand the experience you offer and be able to plan and budget in advance of their travel.
Tourism Yukon uses various forms of marketing and promotion to create awareness of Yukon as a travel destination.
If you are a Yukon tourism operator or you deliver visitor experiences, you may be eligible to participate in these marketing programs and activities offered through Tourism Yukon.
Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund
The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund supports:
- marketing activity projects, such as placing advertisements, identifying Google keywords and hosting familiarization tours
- trade and consumer show projects.
Travel trade shows and travel consumer shows
Attending travel trade shows and travel consumer shows is a way promote your business directly to those individuals or businesses who may be interested in what you have to offer. They may want to book your trip or to build a business relationship with you in order to package and sell your product in another market.
Travel trade shows provide a venue for international tour operators, receptive tour operators, and suppliers of tourism experiences and services to meet and build relationships. Businesses attending travel trade shows must be trade-ready.
Travel consumer shows provide the public with opportunities to learn about various vacation experiences, to speak with the operators who deliver those experiences and to be inspired to book their next holiday. Businesses attending consumer travel shows must be market-ready.
Familiarization (fam) tours are for media or travel trade to learn more about specific productions and destinations.
Businesses that wish to host their own fam tour may be eligible for funding through TCMF. However, participation in one of Tourism Yukon's fam tours is based upon specific selection criteria and product to market match.
To find out more about Tourism Yukon fam tours, contact Tourism Yukon’s marketing coordinator today.
Visitor Information Centres
Your potential clients may look for information about your business or destination at Yukon’s six official Visitor Information Centres (VIC).
When dropping off your rack-card brochures for display in the VICs, be sure to tell to the staff:
- what you offer tourists
- the times you operate
- your location
- your hours of operation.
Yukon VICs can help potential clients find their way to you.
Social media marketing
Get more engagement in social media channels and align your business' social media content with Tourism Yukon’s content strategy. See the Content Field Guide.
Partnership Marketing: Destination Canada (DC)
Generating new tourism business means developing a strong brand presence internationally. DC leads this effort through partnered global marketing and sales programs supported by large tourism-focused businesses, destination marketers (DMO’s) and provincial (territorial) marketing organizations (PMO’s).
- Canadian Signature Experiences (CSE) collection are, once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences found only in Canada. They show the world what Canada’s tourism brand is all about. The CSE collection helps eligible tourism businesses promote their product internationally. It also makes it easier for the travel trade to sell more of Canada.
- Trade Shows and Events in Canada’s 12 target markets
- Rendezvous Canada (RVC) (RVC) Destination Canada’s premier international tourism marketplace,
- Connecting America is a new marketing initiative launching in the US in the spring of 2016. Together with businesses and destinations across the country, we’re ready to invite American travellers to Look Up and see Canada as their next destination.