Yukon Visitor Exit Survey 2017-18
The Yukon Bureau of Statistics is surveying visitors leaving Yukon on behalf of the Department of Tourism and Culture. Interviewers will be collecting data from November 2017 to October 2018. During the winter months, October to March, you may see interviewers at the Whitehorse airport and at local hotels. During the summer months, April to September, interviewers will be surveying at the Whitehorse and Dawson City airports and at highway exit points from the territory.
Visitor Exit Surveys are conducted every five years and are used to assess visitor and trip characteristics, spending and travel patterns. This information is used to inform tourism development and marketing decisions made by the department and Yukon’s tourism sector.
If you would like to know more about the methodology of the survey or have technical questions, please contact the Yukon Bureau of Statistics at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-667-5640.
If you have questions about past visitor exit surveys, when and how the results will be shared, for example, please contact the Tourism Research Analyst at email@example.com or 867-667-8408.
Yukon Visitor Tracking Program 2012-13
The Yukon Visitor Tracking Program (YVTP) surveyed visitors to Yukon between June 2012 and April 2013. The program generated a series of reports:
- The Summer Report and Winter Report describe Yukon's visitors including,
- who they are
- how they planned their trip
- how they travelled
- what they did
- how much they spent.
- The Visitor Segmentation Report describes the types of visitors coming to Yukon, and what they like to see and do here.
- The Pathways Report describes the visitor and trip characteristics of the people who included a community or region in their trip. It can answer questions such as:
- What activities did they participate in while in Yukon?
- What was important in their Yukon trip?
- What were they satisfied with on their Yukon trip?
- On average, how many nights were they away from home, and how many nights did they spend in Yukon?
- What was the primary purpose of their trip to Yukon?
- The Methodology Report describes how we collected information for the Yukon Visitor Tracking Program.
We can provide customized reports from the Yukon Visitor Tracking Program data set. For more information about this free service, please contact us.